Wednesday 21 May 2008

VV

"so i left dc... happy and couldn't sleep as we made our way to philadelphia... johnny brendas... and a radio show where we spent most of the afternoon. i suddenly started getting sick. sore throat. flu.... fever... not how i'd planned things. the gig that night was tres difficile. i couldn't really sing, sounded like some jumbled rock n roll tune, sounded like dead tongues. nick was feeding me tea from the sidelines. my head was on fire. my throat was all but closed. whatever voodoo horse i'd been riding, sat down to nap and left me losing.

...
and they're still selling crack in the metro so it's nice nothing's changed. but my big mission today was to find one of montreal's old photobooths. in 98 they were in almost every metro station... now there's only a few. but there's a haunted one at McGill. and i don't lie. i took a photo of myself and a picture of a man came out in an indian head-dress... my pic was stuck to the back of his but my face had been obliterated. i will scan these in and show you when i get somewhere i can do that. until then, let your imagination run wild. and hey im sorry these stories are coming to you sans picture... but i tried using a digital camera for about a month for this reason alone, and sorry, i hate it... so be patient cos i'd rather show you real photos that look good and feel good and all that.
au revoir, from Montreal.

No comments: